Boost My Budget uses affiliate links.
I’m back with another Five Fabulously Frugal Things post! I really enjoy taking part in this linky because it helps me to focus on the little things I’m doing to save money every day.
Here are the best things I did to save money this week:
- I took a packed lunch to work every day this week. I always used to do this, but I’ve been so lazy since the Christmas hols! I’m back on the wagon now and trying to prepare my own lunch and snacks for less than £1 per day.
- I signed up to 20 Cogs this week and have got some great freebies through that, including a Graze box, a craft box and an Amazon Prime trial. 20 Cogs is a site that pays you cashback to complete different offers. I’m hoping to earn around £200 just from the cashback, on top of all the freebies!
- After hearing loads about it, I finally got round to joining Zeek. This is a website that lets you buy and sell gift cards at a discount. They have cheap gift cards for everything from supermarkets to restaurants to fashion brands. For example, at the moment you can buy a £20 Starbucks voucher for £17, which is a saving of 15%. I can tell I’m going to be using this site a lot! If you sign up with this link you will get free £5 credit to spend!
- I made some great savings on my weekly shop using the Shopmium app, including some Burgen bread for 50p and three 6-packs of beer for half price. Download the app and sign up with code KFKAMYGX for a free chocolate bar on top of all the other goodies!
- My husband and I renewed our Two Together railcard. This gives you a third off when you travel off peak with a named other person. I laughed my head off when my parents got one of these because it sounded so cheesy, but then we got one and I love it. We save around £10 every time we go up to London together, which is usually a couple of times per month. It’s not just for couples: you can get one of these with anyone you travel with – friend, relative, colleague. It costs £30 for a year and can pay for itself over one long-ish journey with a friend!
How have you saved money this week?
I’m linking up with Cass, Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.
Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links.
Pin this for later