What’s better than earning extra cash? How about free money!
It’s a fact that there are loads of companies ready to give you free money in the UK right now just for signing up for their service or downloading their app. The offers on this list could net you over £600!
Here’s my current hand-picked list of the best UK free money offers. Each one is a little different: some will literally give you free money for signing up, but more often you’ll need to complete some tasks first, such as making a small deposit.
Read on to learn how to get free money in the UK!
Disclaimer: most of the below links are referral links. That means that I will also receive a bonus if you sign up using my links. In most cases, you need to use a referral link and/or code to claim the free cash offer. Thanks!
Also, I’ll try my best to keep this list up to date, but free money offers often change or get withdrawn with no notice. So please check the small print before signing up, and especially before transferring any money.
On to the free money offers!
- YouGov Finance – up to £50 free money every 3 months
- PayPal – £5 free money
- Zilch – £5 free money
- Monzo – £5 free money
- Kroo – £5 free money
- Rakuten – £15 free money
- Picodi – £4 free money
- Everything – £5 free money
- Underpay – £2 future free money
- Tide – £75 free money!
- Coinbase – ~£20 free crypto
- Revolut – ~£13 free crypto
- OhMyDosh – £2 signup bonus
- Cashback – £5 signup bonus and potential to earn £150+
- Qmee – 50p free cash
- NatWest – £200 free money for switching your bank account
- First Direct – £175 free money for switching your bank account
- Skrill – £10 free
- Xendpay – £10 free
- Curve – £5 free money
YouGov Finance – up to £50 free money every 3 months
£5 free for every bank account/credit card you connect, up to 10 accounts every 3 months. No spend necessary!
I’ve always recommended YouGov as one of my top survey sites because they don’t screen you out and they are interesting surveys that appear in the media.
Now there’s another, even easier way to get free money with YouGov by connecting your bank accounts through open banking.
You will earn 500 YouGov points (£5) for each active GBP current account or credit card you connect, and 100 points (£1) for each savings account.
There is no deposit or spend required for this offer. They are paying you for your data. So if you don’t have a problem with that, this is one of the easiest ways to get some decent free cash fast!
The connection will be valid for 3 months. After that you can reconnect and earn the points again.
You can connect up to 10 accounts at a time, meaning if you have loads of current accounts (perhaps from doing sign up offers like the Monzo, Kroo and Tide ones below!) you can make up to £50 at a time and £200 in a year!
The only downside is that you have to wait until your account reaches 5000 points (£50) before you can cash out. If you don’t have enough accounts to get to £50 in one go, reach the threshold faster by taking part in surveys.
- Create a YouGov account
- Go to YouGov Finance and sign in with your YouGov account (works best on mobile)
- Connect up to 10 bank accounts and credit cards via open banking
- Points will be credited to your account within 48 hours. Once you reach £50 in your YouGov account you can cash out to your bank account (or buy gift cards).
- Reconnect your accounts after 3 months and earn the same again!
Another way to earn free money with YouGov (although it’s not currently open to everyone) is YouGov Safe.
If you are invited to join you can earn points for sharing data by connecting accounts such as Netflix, Amazon and YouTube. Points vary by project but you can usually get up to £2 free per account.
PayPal – £5 free money
£20 free for new users when you spend or send £5
So many places use PayPal as their main (or only!) payment option. You can receive payments from anywhere in the world in any currency, and easily withdraw to your bank account.
It’s also really useful for shopping online because you don’t have to enter card details each time, and there’s built-in buyer protection.
If you don’t already have a PayPal account, you’re in luck because they are currently offering £20 free for new users when you join with a referral link!
- Click on this link and create your PayPal account
- Link a bank account or debit card
- Spend £5 using your PayPal account within 30 days, either by shopping online or send it to a friend
- You will receive a £5 reward within 14 days. You can check it in the ‘rewards’ section of your account. You cannot withdraw the £20 to your bank account but you can use it to shop online with PayPal.
This offer is running until 30 September 2023 and the rewards will expire on 31 December 2023.
Zilch – £5 free money
£5 free when you make any contactless payment
Zilch is a free online payment platform that lets you split the cost of purchases over 6 weeks, or pay in full and earn cashback on your purchases.
You can get £5 free money instantly in your Zilch account when you sign up, connect a debit card, and make a purchase with Tap and Pay (contactless).
You can’t withdraw this as cash, but you can use it instantly for any purchase. I used it to buy an Amazon gift card to top up my account.
- Use a referral link to sign up to Zilch.
- Connect a debit card.
- Add your digital Zilch card to your Apple Pay/Google Pay wallet (go to ‘My Account’, select ‘Zilch card settings’, then ‘Add your Zilch card to your digital wallet’)
- Make a Tap and Pay purchase using your Zilch card from your phone, anywhere you can use contactless payments. (You don’t have to add money to your account as it uses your regular debit card that you connected in step 2)
- You will get £5 instantly in your account.
- To use it, use your digital Zilch card to make any purchase, including gift cards.
Be aware they have recently changed the terms of this offer so you have to make a contactless payment in a physical shop (/pub/cafe etc) to get the free £5. Online purchases don’t count.
Monzo – £5 free money
£5 free when you make any card purchase
Monzo is an app-based bank. It’s very quick and easy to open an account, and doesn’t require a credit check.
It’s a genuinely useful bank account to have due to their budgeting features such as ‘pots’ (where you can put money aside for different saving or spending categories).
Currently they are offering £5 free money when you set up a new account and make your first card payment.
- Download the app with this referral link and apply for a current (or business) account.
- Add some money to your account and pay for something using Monzo within 30 days (no minimum spend).
- You’ll find a free £5 in your Monzo bank account, which you can spend on your debit card or withdraw to your preferred account right away.
Kroo – £5 free money
£5 free when you make your first transaction
Kroo is another new app-based bank similar to Monzo, and this offer pretty much works the same way as above.
Kroo current accounts have a few awesome benefits such as a whopping 4.35% interest rate, free credit score monitoring, and they will also plant two trees for every person who signs up 🌳
Currently they are also offering £5 free money in your Kroo bank account when you sign up with a referral link and make your first transaction.
You can open a new account through the app in minutes, and they do not run a hard credit check.
- Click my referral link and enter your email address
- Download the Kroo app and create your account, using the same email address
- Add some money to your account and make any transaction using your Kroo debit card. (To complete this offer quickly, I just topped up my Amazon account by £1)
- You will get £5 free money in your account, which you can spend on your Kroo debit card or withdraw to another account. This may happen instantly but could take up to 5 days.
This promotion is running until 30 September 2023.
Rakuten – £15 free money
£15 free money after £20 online spend
Rakuten is a cashback site. They currently have an amazing welcome offer where you get £15 cashback when you sign up and spend £20 within 30 days.
There are hundreds of brands from Rakuten, from supermarkets and food delivery to tech and fashion. You are bound to find somewhere you were planning to spend £20 on anyway, so this offer won’t cost you anything extra.
I literally just did my regular online shop on Sainsbury’s, got cashback on the shopping and then the free £15!
- Sign up with Rakuten using a referral link
- Register your bank account details
- Make a purchase of over £20 by clicking through from Rakuten
- The £15 cashback bonus should appear in your account within 90 days. Withdraw to your bank account (£1 minimum withdrawal)
Picodi – £4 free money
£4 free money
Picodi is another cashback site. Currently they are offering a generous £4 free money when you sign up – no purchase needed!
The only drawback is that you need £5 in your account before you can withdraw, so you will need to earn an additional £1 cashback.
You can do this easily by using Picodi the next time you shop online and get cashback on a purchase you were planning to make anyway.
- Sign up to Picodi with a referral link
- You will have £4 instantly in your account
- Earn an additional £1 by shopping through Picodi.
Everything – £5 free money
Everything is a new fintech app with a debit card that gives you a chance to win cash rewards every time you use it.
You can get a free £5 when you sign up and make 3 purchases with your Everything card within 30 days.
It is still in beta testing at the time of writing (Aug 2023), but if the app is not available to you yet, you can still get £5 free money added to your future account simply by giving your email address to join the waitlist.
You will also be entered into a weekly draw to win £1,000.
- Click here and enter your email address
- iOS users: you should be able to download and start using the app right away. Just add some money to your account and make 3 purchases within 30 days
- Android users: join the waitlist and wait to be invited
- You’ll get £5 free money on your Everything debit card to spend how you want
Underpay – £2 future free money
Underpay is a new online payment system that will connect to your existing bank account and allow you to earn cashback on all online purchases.
It hasn’t yet launched, but you can earn £2 in potential future free money just by adding your email to their waitlist.
Please note this offer is not confirmed because you won’t be able to withdraw your free money until after the launch! But it literally just takes 2 seconds to do, so it’s worth signing up.
- Click on my referral link to go to the Underpay website
- Click to join the waitlist, enter your first name and email address
- That’s it! 200 points (£2) will be added to your account ready for launch.
- You’ll be able to spend your points for online purchases or exchange for gift cards once Underpay is live.
Tide – £75 free money!
Spend £100, get £75 free
Tide is a mobile business bank that is currently offering an unbelievable £75 free money for signing up when you open a business account and spend £100 within 30 days.
You can apply if you are a sole trader/freelancer or have a limited company.
It only takes 5 minutes so this is an incredible offer if you are eligible!
By the way, it didn’t ask me for any proof of my business when I signed up. But I’ve heard they will sometimes follow up on new applications and ask for evidence.
If you have any kind of side hustle, such as selling on eBay or freelancing on Fiverr, that should be enough to qualify.
- Sign up with Tide and go through the application. You need to enter code REFER75 when it asks you for a referral code (I think this is the same screen where you upload your ID document but keep an eye out).
- Spend £100 on your Tide card within 30 days.
- A bonus £75 will be credited to your Tide account in 6-8 weeks, which you can then spend or withdraw like any other cash.
Coinbase – ~£20 free crypto
Approx £20 free crypto for doing quizzes, no deposit needed
Coinbase is a well-known platform for buying and selling cryptocurrencies. They support over 50 digital currencies.
You can earn free crypto with Coinbase doing small tasks in the ‘Learn and Earn’ section.
There are ongoing opportunities to get free cryptocurrencies with no spend necessary, with Coinbase Learn and Earn!
This is an initiative to teach users about crypto and different kinds of coins.
The tasks vary but typically you have to watch short videos (1-3 minutes) and answer a quick quiz question on each one. At the time of writing, I was able to earn the following: $3 FORTH, $3 GRT, $10 XLM, $9 COMP, $3 SKL. Not bad for a few minutes work!
- Sign up with Coinbase.
- Go to the menu and look for the learning section. At the time of writing it’s showing as ‘learning rewards’ on desktop and ‘learn and earn’ on the app for some reason.
- Complete the tasks. You will be rewarded instantly with free crypto. You can exchange your crypto into GBP through Coinbase and withdraw to PayPal or your bank account instantly.
- Check back regularly for new tasks!
Exchange and withdrawal are subject to a small fee, which is dependent on the amount. Remember that any cryptocurrency value could go up or down.
Revolut – ~£13 free crypto
Approx £13 in free crypto for doing quizzes, no deposit needed
Revolut is a banking app that lets you have multiple currency accounts, link external accounts, invest in stocks and trade crypto all from one place.
They have a ‘learn and earn’ feature similar to Coinbase where you can earn free crypto by completing lessons and quizzes.
When I signed up (August 2023) there was £13 of free crypto available (£6 DOT, £3 1INCH, £3 AVAX, £1 ALGO).
These tasks come and go so check back regularly.
- Sign up on the Revolut app (at the time of writing you could get £10 cashback by signing up via Topcashback)
- Wait for your account to be verified
- Navigate to the Crypto section, find the ‘learn’ section and complete any tasks.
- The rewards will show up in your Revolut crypto wallet instantly, and you can sell and withdraw/spend it right away.
- Check back regularly for more!
Also, Revolut sometimes has limited time sign up offers where you can get free cash for using your Revolut card, so keep an eye out when you join.
OhMyDosh – £2 signup bonus
£2 free cash for signing up, ongoing opportunities to earn
OhMyDosh is a site that pays you to sign up for offers online. You will get £2 free cash in your account just for signing up with my link.
You can cash out to your bank account or PayPal once your balance reaches £10. There are some very lucrative introductory offers, so you should be able to do this in less than 30 minutes!
If you need free money right now, this is my top recommendation. You can get a lot of free money pretty quickly doing the first set of offers and you will have the cash in your bank account within 3 days.
Tip: once you’ve made your account, look for the ‘no spend’ offers section to make even more free money without spending anything.
Check out my full Oh My Dosh review for tips and tricks on how to maximise your earnings with Oh My Dosh.
Cashback – £5 signup bonus and potential to earn £150+
£5 free cash for signing up, ongoing opportunities to earn
Cashback is similar to OhMyDosh but you have to complete 15 offers before you cash out. People earn on average around £150. A very handy chunk of change, although it can take a month or two to get there.
Plus, get a £5 signup bonus with my link! It’s redeemable once you’ve done all 15 offers.
For anyone familiar with 20 Cogs, Cashback is the new and improved version. You can sign up with Cashback even if you’ve previously had a 10 Cogs account!
Here’s my full 20 Cogs review for tips on how to make the most of this site.
Qmee – 50p free cash
£0.50 free cash for signing up (after first withdrawal), ongoing opportunities to earn
Qmee is a money making site. You can make money doing paid surveys and cashback offers. You can also install the browser app and get paid to click on special ads when you browse the internet.
Grab a free 50p when you sign up with my referral link. The 50p bonus will be applied to your account after you cash out for the first time.
The best thing about Qmee is that you can cash out at any time. The payment threshold is just 1p! And the cash will be transferred to your PayPal account almost instantly.
So sign up with Qmee, install the browser extension or choose the quickest survey (it will tell you approximately how many minutes each survey takes, although be warned they can take a little longer in the beginning as they have to collect your demographic data).
Cash out to PayPal as soon as you have something showing in your balance. Then, you’ll be awarded a free 50p, which you can also cash out right away!
NatWest – £200 free money for switching your bank account
Bank switching offers can seem a bit scary, but many people make £100s each year switching banks multiple times!
The trick is to set up a secondary account just for switching offers. It doesn’t actually have to be your main current account.
You can set up a new current account using Monzo or one of the other bank sign-up offers above, and then use it for bank switching!
The only important thing is that you meet all the relevant criteria of the offer.
For example, you usually have to receive a certain amount of money into the account within a certain timeframe. But you don’t have to actually switch the account that your employer pays you into. You could just transfer the money yourself on payday and then transfer it out back again to your preferred account.
Just check the T&Cs of each offer carefully as these can be subject to change.
The best bank switching offer on the market at the time of writing is NatWest, who are offering a whopping £200 free money when you switch a current account to them using the Current Account Switch Service.
This offer is open to new and existing NatWest customers, as long as you can switch a current account with a different bank to them.
- Visit the offer page and apply for a NatWest current account if you don’t already have one.
- Deposit £1,250 into your NatWest account within 60 days.
- You also need to log into their mobile banking app within 60 days.
- Once you’ve met those conditions you’ll receive £200 free money into your account within 7 days.
If you’ve previously received a switching bonus from any bank in the NatWest Group, you can’t take part in this offer.
First Direct – £175 free money for switching your bank account
Here’s another very generous bank switching offer.
First Direct is currently offering £175 to new customers who set up an account and use the Current Account Switch Service.
- Click here to visit the First Direct offer page and apply to open a 1st Account.
- Download the app and use the Current Account Switch Service within the app to request a switch.
- Pay in at least £1,000 within three months of opening the account.
- You’ll get the free money in your bank account within 28 days of meeting the criteria.
This offer is not available to people who have opened an HSBC current account on or after 1 January 2020, or to anyone who has previously had a First Direct product.
Skrill – £10 free
Transfer £100, get £10 free
Skrill is a digital wallet and money transfer service. They are offering £10 off your first international transfer of £100 or more.
You need a foreign currency account to complete this offer. You can transfer it to a foreign currency account in your own name, if you have one.
I recommend making a free USD or EUR account with Wise if you don’t already have one. It’s easy and free, and comes in handy often if you’re into making money online!
You can also get a free EUR account with Starling bank.
Sign up to Skrill with this link and make sure my code REBECCAS73 is applied. Make an international transfer of at least £100.
If you used my code on signing up, you’ll see the £10 credit applied before you pay. So you only pay £90, but receive £100 worth of foreign currency.
Then, you can send the foreign currency back to your main bank account and you’ll be up best part of a tenner (you’ll lose a little to exchange rates and fees).
With Skrill and other money transfer offers, be aware that it does take 2-3 working days for the transfer to come through. So only try this if you can afford to be without the £90 until the offer is complete.
Xendpay – £10 free
Transfer £100, get £10 free
Xendpay is a money transfer service. Like Skrill, they are offering £10 off your first transfer of £100 or more, and you can send it to yourself.
So essentially, you can send yourself free money!
You will need a foreign currency account. You can make a free Wise USD account if you don’t already have one.
Click on this link to create your Xendpay account. Fill in all details and make sure your account is verified – you may have to upload ID documents if requested.
Click on ‘send money’. You can send from a UK account to another UK account, but you will have to receive the money in a different currency, so select EUR. (Your bank will automatically convert it back to GBP if you don’t have a EUR account.)
The transfer fee is ‘pay what you want’ so enter 0 in this box.
Below this, you should see a £10 discount automatically applied. So you pay £90 and receive the equivalent of £100 in Euros.
You will lose a little due to exchange rates. I made £8.13 profit in the end – not bad for a quick and easy offer.
I have heard that some people have trouble with the referral tracking. If the £10 discount doesn’t show up before you send, stop and don’t send!! Contact Xendpay support and ask them to apply the £10 discount for you. They should be happy to do that. Give them this referral link if needed: https://secure.xendpay.com/signup/ur/B269354
Curve – £5 free money
Spend £25, get £5 free
Curve is an app that lets you access all your different bank accounts, payment cards and loyalty cards in one place. You can use your Curve card to replace all your different credit/debit cards and switch between them using the app.
You can earn £5 free by signing up for the free card and making 5 transactions over £5.
- Sign up for the free Curve card (‘Curve Standard’) and enter promo code N3M7934D if this is not automatically applied.
- Once you get your card in the post, connect it to your bank and use it in place of your usual debit or credit card.
- To activate the bonus, you need to make 5 transactions over £5 within 10 days of signing up. 5 transactions seems a lot but you literally just use your Curve card in place of your usual debit card and the money is taken from your usual bank.
- Once you’ve done this, a £5 ‘Curve cash’ bonus will be applied to your account.
2023 update: unfortunately it seems new users are required to pay £5 for a card, which makes this offer worthless – unless you were planning to get a Curve account anyway, in which case use this link to cover the cost of the card!
How to get free money UK summary
I hope you enjoyed this list of ways to claim free money in the UK. As you can see, there are a few ways to get free money very fast, and other offers that take a bit more time and effort.
It is well worth putting aside a couple of hours to work through this list and see how much you can make.
Oh, and here’s an extra bonus: most of the above free money offers have referral programs. Once you’ve signed up and claimed your bonus, you can refer your own friends for even more free cash!
Please don’t share your own referral links on this page. Referral bonuses are how I earn money to keep this site online, to keep helping more readers! Comments with referral links will be deleted.
Finished working through this list of free money offers? Check out these related posts for more ways to earn extra cash in the UK:
- Free PayPal Money UK! 15 Ways To Get Free PayPal Cash
- Free Crypto UK: Get Free Bitcoin And More!
- 15+ Easy Ways to Earn Free Amazon Gift Cards UK
- How to Earn Extra Money in the UK: 90+ Ways to Make Extra Cash