Cash App referral 2023 update
At the time of writing (August 2023) the Cash App referral offer appears to be suspended.
Also, many people in the UK have been experiencing technical difficulties with Cash App and have been unable to set up new accounts.
I will update this page if/when the Cash App refer a friend offer is back.
Looking for a UK Cash App referral code? Use code MKWNTHM when you register on Cash App to get free money! Simply enter code MKWNTHM when you sign up, and send £5 within 14 days to receive £5 free cash.
Read on to learn the Cash App referral code hack to get £10+ free for yourself and £5 for a friend!
Disclosure: the code and links used in this post are my referral links, so I will get £5 myself if you sign up and complete the offer. A referral code/link is required if you want to get the free money yourself. Thanks for using my code!
Cash App referral bonus
Cash App is an app that lets you safely send and request money to your friends. It is really easy to use, and it’s ideal for transferring small amounts of money (such as splitting the bill on a night out) without the faff of needing their bank details.
Cash App currently has an awesome free money offer for new users, where you can get £5 completely free added to your account after you sign up with a referral code or link, and transfer £5 within 14 days.
As soon as you’ve sent your first £5, you will see your free £5 appear in your Cash App account, and you can withdraw it instantly to your bank account.
Cash App referral code hack
A free £5 is pretty good, but a free £10 is even better! Here’s how to use the Cash App referral hack to double (or triple, or quadruple) your money:
As well as £5 when you sign up, you also get £5 when you invite a friend and they make their first transaction. So just find a trusted friend, family member or partner who doesn’t already have Cash App, and complete this offer together and you’ll both be quids in.
Here’s how to do the Cash App referral offer step by step:
- Download Cash App. I recommend using my referral link because then the code will be automatically applied. If you download the app without following my link, be sure to enter code MKWNTHM when prompted during set up. If you forgot to enter a referral code during set up you can do it within 7 days under your profile.
- Set up your account as prompted by the app. Link a debit card.
- Click on your profile (the person icon in the top right) and you should see a green button that says ‘Invite Friends, Get £5’. Use this to invite a friend.
- Your friend needs to set up their account using your code (which should be automatically applied if they use your link) and connect a debit card.
- Send £5 to your friend and get them to send it back to you. You must both connect a card and send £5 within 14 days of downloading the app.
- You should now get a £5 bonus for sending your first £5, and an additional £5 for referring a friend. Your friend will get £5 for sending their first £5. The bonuses should appear in your account instantly. (See the bottom left of the home screen.)
- You can withdraw the money to your bank account right away. Simply click the balance shown in the bottom left of the screen, and click ‘cash out’. You may have to confirm a few details if this is your first time. According to Cash App, it can take a few days to process withdrawals, but I’ve always got mine the same day!
- Invite even more friends and get a free fiver for everyone who completes the offer 😎
Note: previously you had to send £50 to qualify for the offer, but now it’s just £5. Check when you sign up in case they changed it again (it should tell you on the referral screen). In any case, the this refers to the total money sent within 14 days and it doesn’t have to be in one transaction – so you can even just send £1 back and forwards until you reach the goal!
Cash App referral code FAQs
More ways to get free money
You seem like the type who enjoys free money! See these posts for ways to get free money, free crypto, free gift vouchers and more, using referral codes and sign up bonuses: